- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Sims - Deneke
Jessica Leigh Sims and Joshua Adam Deneke were married Dec. 17, 2011, at Trinity Lutheran Church. The Rev. Douglas C. Breite performed the ceremony. Organist was Dottie Meyr and soloist was Steve Hornbeak.
The bride is the daughter of Carla Sims of Cape Girardeau. Larry and Diana Deneke of Whitewater are parents of the groom.
Maid of honor was Crystal Smith of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Erica Morgan of Bloomfield, Mo., Kristen Michel, Ashley Huber and Nikia Langston, all of Cape Girardeau.
Spencer Hobeck of Jackson was best man. Groomsmen were Steven Kirk of Gordonville; Jeff Michel of Cape Girardeau; Zach Deneke of Cape Girardeau and Nathan Deneke of Perryville, Mo., brothers of the groom. Ushers were Corey Green of Paducah, Ky., Dave Johnston of Savannah, Ga., and Dave Sander of Jackson.
Flower girls were Elizabeth Smith and Addison Hobeck. Ringbearers were Hilton Singh and Tyler Langston. Elizabeth is the daughter of Justin and Crystal Smith of Cape Girardeau. Addison is the daughter of Spencer and Kayla Hobeck. Hilton is the son of Ravi and Kathy Singh of Springfield, Mo. Tyler is the son of Eric and Nikia Langston.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Dec. 16 at the KC Hall.
Mrs. Deneke received a degree in psychology from Southeast Missouri State University in 2004, and is a 2007 graduate of SoutheastHEALTH College of Nursing and Health Sciences. She is a registered radiologic technologist at Cape Radiology Group.
The groom received a degree in electronic engineering from the Institute of Electronic Technology in 2002. He is a biomedical engineer at SoutheastHEALTH.
After a wedding trip to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, the couple is residing in Whitewater.