- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local priest met Mother Teresa, will attend canonization (8/31/16)
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Wal-Mart theft probe yields drug charges against woman (8/31/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
- Cape police: Illinois union president hit woman in head with rock (8/28/16)3
Hastings continues generosity to Adult Education
Hastings, 2631 William, recently demonstrated its continuing support of Cape Girardeau Public Schools' Adult Education and Literacy program with a contribution of $512.83, representing customer donations at the Cape store. Pictured above, from the left, are students Taryn Smith, Bethany Price, Alecia Zahlen and Amanda Beard; Coordinator for Adult Education and Literacy Becky Atwood; Hastings Store Manager Eric Foster; Superintendent of Schools Dr. James Welker; students Candis Ward, Amber Parker and Kaeleigh Sutherland.
More than 320 students have earned a high school equivalency through the Adult Education program headquartered at 301 N. Clark Street-- the former Vo-Tech Building. For more information on English as a Second Language and GED programs, contact Ms. Becky Atwood, coordinator of Adult Education for Cape Girardeau Public Schools, at 573-334-3669.