- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Throughout the Christmas season there are many requests for donations, including toys, winter clothing and monetary support. But one giving tradition we hope you also consider is the Salvation Army's red kettle campaign. This seasonal fundraiser features bell ringers outside several retailers, and some kettles already are in place.
Locations to donate include Walmart in Cape Girardeau, Jackson and Perryville; Save-A-Lot in Cape Girardeau and Jackson; Sam's Club, Sears Grand, Dollar General, Schnucks, Food Giant, West Park Mall, Macy's, J.C. Penney, Walgreens, Big Lots, Kmart and Hobby Lobby in Cape Girardeau; and Buchheit's in Jackson. All of these locations will have the buckets ready after Thanksgiving. The organization's fundraising goal is $320,000.
Another holiday project with the Salvation Army is its Thanksgiving Day dinner. Food or paper product donations may be dropped off in Cape Girardeau at Hutson's Fine Furniture, 43 South Main St., or the Salvation Army, 701 Good Hope St.
Big River Telephone is holding its annual Holiday Turkey Drive through Dec. 21. Vouchers may be purchased at Schnucks and the Big River Telephone office in Cape Girardeau and redeemed at Schnucks. The donations benefit the Salvation Army's Thanksgiving and Christmas meals.
Thank you to all who help feed the hungry throughout the year, and particularly during the holidays. May you be blessed in your giving.