- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Deer crashes through two windows at Hannibal medical building
HANNIBAL, Mo. -- A medical building at Hannibal Regional Hospital in northeast Missouri is fully operational even after a deer slammed through two windows.
The Hannibal Courier-Post reported that the buck crashed through a window Tuesday morning. An employee watched as the animal began frantically searching for an exit point, skidding on the vinyl floor. Eventually it crashed through a second window and ran off.
No one was hurt and the medical building remained open. The windows were replaced within hours.
It wasn't known if the deer was injured.
Information from: Hannibal Courier-Post, http://www.hannibal.net