- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Police: Stolen car driver killed in wreck was 14
ST. LOUIS -- The driver of a stolen car killed in a St. Louis accident this week was a 14-year-old boy.
Two cars were stolen about the same time early Monday and police believe the crimes were related. In one case, a suspect approached a woman with a shotgun, stole her purse and keys and drove away with her 2010 Dodge Charger.
Around the same time, a 2004 Chevrolet Malibu was stolen. Moments later, an officer in Dellwood spotted two cars matching the descriptions of the stolen vehicles. Both got away.
But hours later, officers came upon two accidents involving the stolen cars. Police said the Malibu slammed into a building in St. Louis, and 14-year-old Beion Womack was the driver. He was dead at the scene.