- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
1 dead, 1 hurt in St. Louis gas station shooting
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis police are searching for a gunman who opened fire at a gas station, killing one man and injuring a second.
The shooting happened Tuesday afternoon at a Mobil station. Police identified the victim as 26-year-old Vontel Harris, who died after being shot in the chest, abdomen and leg. A 23-year-old man is in serious condition after being shot in the leg.
Police say a sport utility vehicle pulled into the station parking lot and someone in the SUV began shooting.