- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Man shot at Mo. flea market; suspect sought
FARMINGTON, Mo. -- Police are searching for a suspect after a man was shot at an eastern Missouri flea market.
The shooting happened Tuesday near Farmington. A fight reportedly broke out and a 39-year-old Farmington resident was shot in the upper back with a shotgun. The injuries are not believed to be life threatening. He was airlifted to a St. Louis hospital.
The St. Francois County Sheriff's Department said a 37-year-old resident of Farmington is in custody, and a 59-year-old Farmington resident still is being sought.
A motive for the shooting was not immediately known.