- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cardinals release McClellan
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Cardinals have released veteran reliever Kyle McClellan, a St. Louis County native who spent five seasons with the team.
McClellan appeared in just 16 games in 2012 because of elbow and shoulder problems. He was 0-1 with a 5.30 ERA.
The Cardinals also announced Tuesday the signing of catcher Rob Johnson to a minor league contract. Johnson is a career .201 hitter. He hit .250 in 17 games with the Mets in 2012.
McClellan is 19-23 with a 3.69 ERA in the majors. The right-hander started 17 games in 2011, when he was 12-7 with a 4.19 ERA. But arm fatigue set in late that season and he pitched just one-third of an inning during the postseason run en route to the World Series title.
-- Associated Press