- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Our community is blessed with numerous individuals who show strong leadership skills. Their experience, passion and resolve to succeed -- professionally and personally -- benefits many.
Later this week several of these female leaders will be recognized for their efforts.
The Zonta Women of Achievement Celebration and Luncheon is scheduled for Friday at the Plaza Conference Center by Ray's. The sponsor expo starts at 10:30 a.m. with the luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Each year the organization has a strong group of nominees for the Zonta Woman of Achievement Award. This year's list includes Teresa Birk, Jeannie Fadler, Janey Foust, Cindy Gannon, Tracey Glenn, Barbara Lohr, Marla Mills and Cheryl Wormington.
A Lifetime Achievement Award will be given to Molly Strickland, and the Celebration Award winner is Amy Aldridge.
If you've never attended one of these events, we encourage you to do so. The women in Zonta do a marvelous job giving back to their community and beyond. The accomplishments of those who will be recognized are numerous, and we encourage you to check out the special tab in last Friday's Southeast Missourian that highlighted each.
Tickets are available for $30 and may be purchased through a Zonta member or at www.capezonta.org. To learn more, visit the website or call 986-5070.