- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two men shot in Cape Girardeau (12/16/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Our community is blessed with numerous individuals who show strong leadership skills. Their experience, passion and resolve to succeed -- professionally and personally -- benefits many.
Later this week several of these female leaders will be recognized for their efforts.
The Zonta Women of Achievement Celebration and Luncheon is scheduled for Friday at the Plaza Conference Center by Ray's. The sponsor expo starts at 10:30 a.m. with the luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Each year the organization has a strong group of nominees for the Zonta Woman of Achievement Award. This year's list includes Teresa Birk, Jeannie Fadler, Janey Foust, Cindy Gannon, Tracey Glenn, Barbara Lohr, Marla Mills and Cheryl Wormington.
A Lifetime Achievement Award will be given to Molly Strickland, and the Celebration Award winner is Amy Aldridge.
If you've never attended one of these events, we encourage you to do so. The women in Zonta do a marvelous job giving back to their community and beyond. The accomplishments of those who will be recognized are numerous, and we encourage you to check out the special tab in last Friday's Southeast Missourian that highlighted each.
Tickets are available for $30 and may be purchased through a Zonta member or at www.capezonta.org. To learn more, visit the website or call 986-5070.