- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Our community is blessed with numerous individuals who show strong leadership skills. Their experience, passion and resolve to succeed -- professionally and personally -- benefits many.
Later this week several of these female leaders will be recognized for their efforts.
The Zonta Women of Achievement Celebration and Luncheon is scheduled for Friday at the Plaza Conference Center by Ray's. The sponsor expo starts at 10:30 a.m. with the luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Each year the organization has a strong group of nominees for the Zonta Woman of Achievement Award. This year's list includes Teresa Birk, Jeannie Fadler, Janey Foust, Cindy Gannon, Tracey Glenn, Barbara Lohr, Marla Mills and Cheryl Wormington.
A Lifetime Achievement Award will be given to Molly Strickland, and the Celebration Award winner is Amy Aldridge.
If you've never attended one of these events, we encourage you to do so. The women in Zonta do a marvelous job giving back to their community and beyond. The accomplishments of those who will be recognized are numerous, and we encourage you to check out the special tab in last Friday's Southeast Missourian that highlighted each.
Tickets are available for $30 and may be purchased through a Zonta member or at www.capezonta.org. To learn more, visit the website or call 986-5070.