- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
I would like to commend the highway patrol. They have a hard job and very often lose their lives. I want to commend them. Thank you.
I agree with the person who called in about missing the movie reviews in the newspaper. I, too, wish we could get those back in.
I recently visited the great Smoky Mountains for the first time in the past five years. I was amazed at the massive casino and hotel complex that was built in Cherokee, N.C. I was amazed at the businesses that were in business for decades that are now out of business.
Does anyone else think it's absolutely absurd and a waste of money to spend half a million dollars on a new computer system for the city? We need to have good computers and communication, but couldn't a college student at Southeast write a program for $10,000 on the software?
I live in the country and my Missourian is delivered by car. It's very good service, but I don't know why more people don't read the comics. People need to laugh. It's good for them and releases endorphins.
This is concerning the obituaries. The older folks worked hard, did the most things for their churches, raised their children and always kept busy.