- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
I would like to commend the highway patrol. They have a hard job and very often lose their lives. I want to commend them. Thank you.
I agree with the person who called in about missing the movie reviews in the newspaper. I, too, wish we could get those back in.
I recently visited the great Smoky Mountains for the first time in the past five years. I was amazed at the massive casino and hotel complex that was built in Cherokee, N.C. I was amazed at the businesses that were in business for decades that are now out of business.
Does anyone else think it's absolutely absurd and a waste of money to spend half a million dollars on a new computer system for the city? We need to have good computers and communication, but couldn't a college student at Southeast write a program for $10,000 on the software?
I live in the country and my Missourian is delivered by car. It's very good service, but I don't know why more people don't read the comics. People need to laugh. It's good for them and releases endorphins.
This is concerning the obituaries. The older folks worked hard, did the most things for their churches, raised their children and always kept busy.