- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Thanks for community support
The Cape Evening Lions Club would like to express a big thank you and thumbs up to the Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau.
Readers of the Southeast Missourian may have noticed pink ghosts hanging from trees and businesses this past month. They were built by the wonderful young ladies and gentlemen of the Boys & Girls Club with help of several volunteers from the university as part of the Spook Your Neighbor campaign, the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society.
We had enough ghosts to raise $574 that will be used to help special people in our community, along with ghosts given as gifts to some very special people due to the generosity of many.
DAVID BALDWIN, president,
Cape Evening Lions Club, Cape Girardeau