- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Thanks for community support
The Cape Evening Lions Club would like to express a big thank you and thumbs up to the Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau.
Readers of the Southeast Missourian may have noticed pink ghosts hanging from trees and businesses this past month. They were built by the wonderful young ladies and gentlemen of the Boys & Girls Club with help of several volunteers from the university as part of the Spook Your Neighbor campaign, the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society.
We had enough ghosts to raise $574 that will be used to help special people in our community, along with ghosts given as gifts to some very special people due to the generosity of many.
DAVID BALDWIN, president,
Cape Evening Lions Club, Cape Girardeau