- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
Thanks for community support
The Cape Evening Lions Club would like to express a big thank you and thumbs up to the Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau.
Readers of the Southeast Missourian may have noticed pink ghosts hanging from trees and businesses this past month. They were built by the wonderful young ladies and gentlemen of the Boys & Girls Club with help of several volunteers from the university as part of the Spook Your Neighbor campaign, the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society.
We had enough ghosts to raise $574 that will be used to help special people in our community, along with ghosts given as gifts to some very special people due to the generosity of many.
DAVID BALDWIN, president,
Cape Evening Lions Club, Cape Girardeau