- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Thanks for community support
The Cape Evening Lions Club would like to express a big thank you and thumbs up to the Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau.
Readers of the Southeast Missourian may have noticed pink ghosts hanging from trees and businesses this past month. They were built by the wonderful young ladies and gentlemen of the Boys & Girls Club with help of several volunteers from the university as part of the Spook Your Neighbor campaign, the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society.
We had enough ghosts to raise $574 that will be used to help special people in our community, along with ghosts given as gifts to some very special people due to the generosity of many.
DAVID BALDWIN, president,
Cape Evening Lions Club, Cape Girardeau