- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape police searching for 2 men involved in Saturday shootout
The Cape Girardeau Police Department is searching for two men involved in a shootout Saturday morning.
According to a spokesman for the police department, two men exchanged gunfire at about 11 a.m. in front of Coalter and Felty Investments located at 1101 Bloomfield Road. No one was injured in the exchange, but a nearby vehicle and a window on the property of Coalter and Felty were damaged. When officers arrived at the scene, the two men had fled.
No arrests have been made in relation to the incident, but the police department is actively pursuing the investigation.
Anyone with information about the shooting should contact the Cape Girardeau Police Department at 335-6621.
Pertinent address: 1101 Bloomfield St., Cape Girardeau, Mo.