- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Ruby Marie Bowman, 88, of Cape Girardeau passed away Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012, at Chateau Girardeau in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 24, 1924, in Clinton, Ky, to Rubie and Berea Evans Bugg. She and Robert Girman were married in 1940. He passed away Oct. 5, 1988. Ruby married Ed Bowman on April 21, 1990. He survives.
Loving survivors include: her husband of Cape Girardeau; two sons, Robert (Anne) Girman of Aurora, Ohio, and Richard (Donna) Girman of Kingston, Tenn.; one daughter, Lori Girman-Hayden of Millersville; one stepdaughter, Cheryl (Mike) Bennett of Lakeland, Fla.; one sister, Dorothy Springer of Indian Lake Estates, Fla.; one brother, Ronnie Bugg of St. Petersburg, Fla.; 10 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
In addition to her first husband, she was preceded in death by a sister, Molly Brown; and a brother, Billy Bugg.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. to time of service Wednesday at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
Funeral service will be at 11 a.m., at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Matthews officiating.
Memorials may be made to Crown Hospice, 2858 Professional Court, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701 and EKUBO Ministries, PO Box 2156, Alexander City, AL 35011.
Condolences may be sent online to the family at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.