- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Smith - Smith
Crystal Dawn Smith and Justin Robert Smith were married June 9, 2012, at St. Augustine Church in Kelso, Mo. The Rev. Oliver Clavin performed the ceremony. Organist was Betty Ressel of Kelso. Vocalist was Nancy Plunk of Lake St. Louis, Mo.
The bride is the daughter of Ray and Linda Smith of Scott City. The groom is the son of Mike Smith of Wilsonville, Neb., and Julie Smith of Kearney, Neb.
Matron of honor was Jessica Deneke of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Jamie Reynolds of Kennett, Mo.; Erica Morgan of Bloomfield, Mo.; Sheri Smith of Jackson, cousin of the bride; Jessica Smith of Wilsonville and Stacey Crumley of Omaha, Neb., sisters of the groom.
Maxx Hanna of Omaha was best man. Groomsmen were Scott Roe of Garden City, Kan., Kyle Fowler and Jason Richmeier of Dallas, Texas, Roger Archer of Norton, Kan., and Terry Enderle of Scott City. Ushers were Rob Readle of Hays, Kan., and Jack Crumley of Omaha, nephew of the groom.
Candlelighters were Bailey Smith of Jackson, cousin of the bride, and Morgan Crumley of Omaha, niece of the groom.
Flowergirls were Elizabeth Smith of Cape Girardeau, daughter of the bride and groom, and Mackenzie Smith of Jackson, niece and godchild of the bride. Ringbearer was Kyle Crumley of Omaha, nephew of the groom.
Readers were Julie Smith, mother of the groom, and Joy Fischer of Ellis, Kan., aunt of the groom.
Program attendants were Kaitlyn Plunk of Lake St. Louis and Abby Schiwitz of Dallas, cousins of the bride.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 8 at Sandy's Place.
Mrs. Smith is a 2004 graduate of Southeast Missouri State University. She is a first grade teacher at St. Francis Xavier School in Sikeston, Mo.
The groom is a 2001 graduate of Northwest Kansas Technical College. He is a senior telecommunications technician with Kinder Morgan.
The couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.