- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Mo. man draws 137-year sentence for rape, assault
PLATTE CITY, Mo. -- A Kansas City man who was identified partly by a shoe print on his victim's face has been sentenced to 137 years in prison for rape and assault.
The Platte County prosecutor said a judge followed the jury's recommendations Thursday in sentencing 22-year-old Stephen J. Lockhart.
The victim testified that Lockhart grabbed her outside her apartment around 12:30 a.m. on April 30, 2011, then drove to a secluded area in the northern part of Kansas City.
The woman said Lockhart raped her twice, choked her with a belt and stomped on her face. When he drove away, she walked two miles in the dark for help.
Another woman testified during the sentencing phase of the trial that Lockhart had assaulted and raped her in the same secluded area in March 2011.