- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Speak Out 11/9/12
I think the first project for Cape Girardeau to do with the casino money is to fix up the old federal building for the homeless and really get a good place for them and keep it up.
Isn't it wonderful? The new casino will employ at least 450 people. Yet they didn't mention how many gambling addictions will cause homelessness.
Up until the recent Sunday edition of the Southeast Missourian, the fastest I had ever opened and closed the Opinion page was 2.23 seconds. However, I shattered the record Sunday when I closed it in 1.12 seconds after seeing two pages plastered with presumably desperate pleas to just give Mitt a chance.
In Speak Out someone called about the disgusting ads and sexual content. It's not just in the ads. Country music has been taken over by writers and producers who push the singers to sing about sex. Instead of singing songs like they did the last century, they have to scream now. There are a lot of noisy drums, and you don't get any good country music.