- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
"Together We Care" Conference for Caregivers
A special conference for caregivers, titled "Together We Care," will be held on Friday, Nov. 9, 2012 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Cape Girardeau Public Library, 711 N. Clark. Through a series of presentations, individuals will learn how to identify and manage stress, discover new tools and technology, and be uplifted as a caregiver.
The day begins with registration, snacks, and resource exhibits from 9-9:30 a.m. AARP Missouri Associate State Director for Community Outreach Diane Hall will present the keynote address at 10 a.m. From 10 a.m. until 1:45 p.m., sessions and presenters will include:
* The Importance of Oral Health - Mary Prince, Prince Dental
* Emotional Support for Caregivers - Carol Dippold, Lutheran Family & Children's Services
* Medical Equipment (What's new and how can it be accessed?) - Health Care Equipment & Supply
* Caring for the Caregiver - Author Sharon Hohler, RN, BSN, CNOR
Individuals attending will be treated to a complimentary lunch from 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. The day will conclude with door prize drawings.
The conference is being presented by AARP Missouri, Americare, Caring Hands in Home Care, Sharon E. Hohler, Southeast Missouri Hospital, SEMO Area Agency on Aging, and Prince Dental-Plak-Vac.
For more information contact Gail Babers or Kathy Bullis at the SEMO Area Agency on Aging at 573.335.3331 or 1.800.392.8771.