- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
"Together We Care" Conference for Caregivers
A special conference for caregivers, titled "Together We Care," will be held on Friday, Nov. 9, 2012 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Cape Girardeau Public Library, 711 N. Clark. Through a series of presentations, individuals will learn how to identify and manage stress, discover new tools and technology, and be uplifted as a caregiver.
The day begins with registration, snacks, and resource exhibits from 9-9:30 a.m. AARP Missouri Associate State Director for Community Outreach Diane Hall will present the keynote address at 10 a.m. From 10 a.m. until 1:45 p.m., sessions and presenters will include:
* The Importance of Oral Health - Mary Prince, Prince Dental
* Emotional Support for Caregivers - Carol Dippold, Lutheran Family & Children's Services
* Medical Equipment (What's new and how can it be accessed?) - Health Care Equipment & Supply
* Caring for the Caregiver - Author Sharon Hohler, RN, BSN, CNOR
Individuals attending will be treated to a complimentary lunch from 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. The day will conclude with door prize drawings.
The conference is being presented by AARP Missouri, Americare, Caring Hands in Home Care, Sharon E. Hohler, Southeast Missouri Hospital, SEMO Area Agency on Aging, and Prince Dental-Plak-Vac.
For more information contact Gail Babers or Kathy Bullis at the SEMO Area Agency on Aging at 573.335.3331 or 1.800.392.8771.