- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)9
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
"Together We Care" Conference for Caregivers
A special conference for caregivers, titled "Together We Care," will be held on Friday, Nov. 9, 2012 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Cape Girardeau Public Library, 711 N. Clark. Through a series of presentations, individuals will learn how to identify and manage stress, discover new tools and technology, and be uplifted as a caregiver.
The day begins with registration, snacks, and resource exhibits from 9-9:30 a.m. AARP Missouri Associate State Director for Community Outreach Diane Hall will present the keynote address at 10 a.m. From 10 a.m. until 1:45 p.m., sessions and presenters will include:
* The Importance of Oral Health - Mary Prince, Prince Dental
* Emotional Support for Caregivers - Carol Dippold, Lutheran Family & Children's Services
* Medical Equipment (What's new and how can it be accessed?) - Health Care Equipment & Supply
* Caring for the Caregiver - Author Sharon Hohler, RN, BSN, CNOR
Individuals attending will be treated to a complimentary lunch from 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. The day will conclude with door prize drawings.
The conference is being presented by AARP Missouri, Americare, Caring Hands in Home Care, Sharon E. Hohler, Southeast Missouri Hospital, SEMO Area Agency on Aging, and Prince Dental-Plak-Vac.
For more information contact Gail Babers or Kathy Bullis at the SEMO Area Agency on Aging at 573.335.3331 or 1.800.392.8771.