- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)19
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
"Together We Care" Conference for Caregivers
A special conference for caregivers, titled "Together We Care," will be held on Friday, Nov. 9, 2012 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Cape Girardeau Public Library, 711 N. Clark. Through a series of presentations, individuals will learn how to identify and manage stress, discover new tools and technology, and be uplifted as a caregiver.
The day begins with registration, snacks, and resource exhibits from 9-9:30 a.m. AARP Missouri Associate State Director for Community Outreach Diane Hall will present the keynote address at 10 a.m. From 10 a.m. until 1:45 p.m., sessions and presenters will include:
* The Importance of Oral Health - Mary Prince, Prince Dental
* Emotional Support for Caregivers - Carol Dippold, Lutheran Family & Children's Services
* Medical Equipment (What's new and how can it be accessed?) - Health Care Equipment & Supply
* Caring for the Caregiver - Author Sharon Hohler, RN, BSN, CNOR
Individuals attending will be treated to a complimentary lunch from 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. The day will conclude with door prize drawings.
The conference is being presented by AARP Missouri, Americare, Caring Hands in Home Care, Sharon E. Hohler, Southeast Missouri Hospital, SEMO Area Agency on Aging, and Prince Dental-Plak-Vac.
For more information contact Gail Babers or Kathy Bullis at the SEMO Area Agency on Aging at 573.335.3331 or 1.800.392.8771.