- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
"Together We Care" Conference for Caregivers
A special conference for caregivers, titled "Together We Care," will be held on Friday, Nov. 9, 2012 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Cape Girardeau Public Library, 711 N. Clark. Through a series of presentations, individuals will learn how to identify and manage stress, discover new tools and technology, and be uplifted as a caregiver.
The day begins with registration, snacks, and resource exhibits from 9-9:30 a.m. AARP Missouri Associate State Director for Community Outreach Diane Hall will present the keynote address at 10 a.m. From 10 a.m. until 1:45 p.m., sessions and presenters will include:
* The Importance of Oral Health - Mary Prince, Prince Dental
* Emotional Support for Caregivers - Carol Dippold, Lutheran Family & Children's Services
* Medical Equipment (What's new and how can it be accessed?) - Health Care Equipment & Supply
* Caring for the Caregiver - Author Sharon Hohler, RN, BSN, CNOR
Individuals attending will be treated to a complimentary lunch from 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. The day will conclude with door prize drawings.
The conference is being presented by AARP Missouri, Americare, Caring Hands in Home Care, Sharon E. Hohler, Southeast Missouri Hospital, SEMO Area Agency on Aging, and Prince Dental-Plak-Vac.
For more information contact Gail Babers or Kathy Bullis at the SEMO Area Agency on Aging at 573.335.3331 or 1.800.392.8771.