- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Helen Godwyn Edwards, 89, of Cape Girardeau passed away Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2012, at her home.
She was born April 10, 1923, in Jackson, to William Bill and Ethyl Seabaugh Godwyn. She and Paul Edwards were married June 20, 1942, in Cape Girardeau.
Helen was a bookkeeper with Smith-Alsop many years before retirement. She was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband, Paul Edwards of Cape Girardeau; a son, Bruce (Shelley) Edwards of St. Louis; a grandson, Bruce (Erin) Edwards II; two great-grandchildren, Emerson and Ava Edwards; a great-niece, Jackie (Bob) Glastetter; and a nephew.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son and two sisters.
The funeral will be private. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.