- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Hugo Wendolin "Hook" Robert, 71, of Scott City died Friday, Nov. 2, 2012, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 2, 1941, at Kelso, Mo., to Hugo and Loretta Heisserer Robert. He and Karon Ann Riley were married June 23, 1962, in Cape Girardeau.
Hook was a warehouseman 34 years at Wetterau and a member of Teamsters Local 574. He was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Scott City. He graduated from St. Augustine Grade School in 1955 and from Illmo Fornfelt Ancell High School in 1959.
He was an avid hunter and outdoorsman and loved to spend time with his family and friends. He was very proud of his grandchildren and loved watching them play sports.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Doug (Lorie) Robert of Scott City; two daughters, Christine (Chris) Robinson and Shanna Robert of Scott City; four grandchildren, Austen Robinson, Landon and Lyndsie Robert and Skyler Robert.
He was preceded in death by a sister, Ida Robert; two grandchildren, Mandy and Lainey Robert.
Funeral Mass was held Monday at St. Joseph Church, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin as celebrant. Burial was in St. Augustine Catholic Cemetery in Kelso.