- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Hugo Wendolin "Hook" Robert, 71, of Scott City died Friday, Nov. 2, 2012, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 2, 1941, at Kelso, Mo., to Hugo and Loretta Heisserer Robert. He and Karon Ann Riley were married June 23, 1962, in Cape Girardeau.
Hook was a warehouseman 34 years at Wetterau and a member of Teamsters Local 574. He was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Scott City. He graduated from St. Augustine Grade School in 1955 and from Illmo Fornfelt Ancell High School in 1959.
He was an avid hunter and outdoorsman and loved to spend time with his family and friends. He was very proud of his grandchildren and loved watching them play sports.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Doug (Lorie) Robert of Scott City; two daughters, Christine (Chris) Robinson and Shanna Robert of Scott City; four grandchildren, Austen Robinson, Landon and Lyndsie Robert and Skyler Robert.
He was preceded in death by a sister, Ida Robert; two grandchildren, Mandy and Lainey Robert.
Funeral Mass was held Monday at St. Joseph Church, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin as celebrant. Burial was in St. Augustine Catholic Cemetery in Kelso.