- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
4 accused in death of pizza deliveryman
DELLWOOD, Mo. -- Three men and a juvenile are in custody in the shooting death of pizza delivery driver in St. Louis County.
Authorities say 39-year-old Brian Johnson was found slumped in his car Monday night. He had been shot under his left armpit and was dead when officers arrived.
Police told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that robbery was the apparent motive. Three pizzas and a cellphone were taken from Johnson, a deliveryman for Imo's Pizza. It wasn't clear if any money was taken.
Formal charges have not been filed.
It was the second fatal shooting of an Imo's driver in St. Louis County since May.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com