- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Dunklin Co. crash leaves driver dead
RIVES, Mo. -- One woman was killed Tuesday morning after a single-vehicle crash in southern Dunklin County.
At approximately 9:20 a.m., Johnie E. Whitaker, 86, of Steele, Mo., was driving south on County Road 723, four miles south of Rives, when the 1998 Dodge Caravan that Whitaker was traveling in ran off the side of the road and struck a ditch. She was pronounced dead at the scene by Dunklin County Coroner James Powell.