- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Who's neXt: Scholarships and awards
Awards / Scholarships
* Michaela Jo Haley of Patton, Mo., and Hunter T. Rubel of Jackson won the American FFA Degree from the National National FFA Organization Organization. Haley is a member of the Meadow Heights FFA and Rubel is a member of Jackson High School FFA. The FFA Degree is awarded to students who show professionalism in agricultural enterprise, demonstrate leadership abilities and complete at least 50 community-service hours. They were honored at the National FFA Convention in Indianapolis.
The following local students have been awarded scholarships to attend Southeast Missouri State University for the 2013-2014 academic year:
* Austin Sitze of Marble Hill, Mo., and Charles Dambach of Lilbourn, Mo., were awarded the Residence Life Leadership Award.
* Summer Martin of Fredericktown, Mo., was awarded the Community College Scholarship.
-- From staff reports