- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jackson's winning debaters
Jackson High School's speech and debate team is already racking up awards early in the season. The team recently took first place in six of nine events at Clearwater High School in Piedmont, Mo., before heading to a tournament Doniphan, Mo., on Nov 1, where members earned five first place spots and numerous other awards. Members of the team captured first-place honors in six out of nine events. The team will host a tournament Nov. 15 at Jackson High School.
Pictured are winners in the Clearwater Tournament. Front row, from left, are Alicia Hankins, Kacie Sandlin and Alexia Phillips; back row, from left, are Julie Bollinger, Dylan Wilkinson and Cory Hogan.