- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Speak Out 11/8
This is a thank-you note. A couple paid for our breakfast at a local restaurant and we didn't get to thank them. I hope they see this and know we're thankful.
I think Cape Girardeau needs a new cemetery somewhere. It looks like it's expanding into the park where the children play. That has to be a little spooky seeing graves when you go down slides.
I'm calling about the property tax the county commission is trying to levy on the county residents. A year ago they voted themselves a raise and they are averaging $70,000, and now we're coming short. I don't understand how they can tax for big raises while people are trying to pay their bills. Times are hard on everyone and they should assume some of the responsibility.
I have not smoked since 1995, but I am amazed by those who are constantly bullying those who smoke. Let's look at alcohol. Why not add a $2 a bottle tax on a six-pack? You will never see that. It seems like there's too much money paid to lawyers and judges as to why things are the way they are.