- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)11
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Speak Out 11/8
This is a thank-you note. A couple paid for our breakfast at a local restaurant and we didn't get to thank them. I hope they see this and know we're thankful.
I think Cape Girardeau needs a new cemetery somewhere. It looks like it's expanding into the park where the children play. That has to be a little spooky seeing graves when you go down slides.
I'm calling about the property tax the county commission is trying to levy on the county residents. A year ago they voted themselves a raise and they are averaging $70,000, and now we're coming short. I don't understand how they can tax for big raises while people are trying to pay their bills. Times are hard on everyone and they should assume some of the responsibility.
I have not smoked since 1995, but I am amazed by those who are constantly bullying those who smoke. Let's look at alcohol. Why not add a $2 a bottle tax on a six-pack? You will never see that. It seems like there's too much money paid to lawyers and judges as to why things are the way they are.