- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Cramped quarters: April 4 proposition aims to ease crowding in Perry County District Schools (3/23/17)4
Speak Out 11/8
This is a thank-you note. A couple paid for our breakfast at a local restaurant and we didn't get to thank them. I hope they see this and know we're thankful.
I think Cape Girardeau needs a new cemetery somewhere. It looks like it's expanding into the park where the children play. That has to be a little spooky seeing graves when you go down slides.
I'm calling about the property tax the county commission is trying to levy on the county residents. A year ago they voted themselves a raise and they are averaging $70,000, and now we're coming short. I don't understand how they can tax for big raises while people are trying to pay their bills. Times are hard on everyone and they should assume some of the responsibility.
I have not smoked since 1995, but I am amazed by those who are constantly bullying those who smoke. Let's look at alcohol. Why not add a $2 a bottle tax on a six-pack? You will never see that. It seems like there's too much money paid to lawyers and judges as to why things are the way they are.