- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)10
Speak Out 11/8
This is a thank-you note. A couple paid for our breakfast at a local restaurant and we didn't get to thank them. I hope they see this and know we're thankful.
I think Cape Girardeau needs a new cemetery somewhere. It looks like it's expanding into the park where the children play. That has to be a little spooky seeing graves when you go down slides.
I'm calling about the property tax the county commission is trying to levy on the county residents. A year ago they voted themselves a raise and they are averaging $70,000, and now we're coming short. I don't understand how they can tax for big raises while people are trying to pay their bills. Times are hard on everyone and they should assume some of the responsibility.
I have not smoked since 1995, but I am amazed by those who are constantly bullying those who smoke. Let's look at alcohol. Why not add a $2 a bottle tax on a six-pack? You will never see that. It seems like there's too much money paid to lawyers and judges as to why things are the way they are.