- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Last night was the first of several performances of "The Crucible" at the River Campus. The Tony Award-winning drama is being performed by students in the Southeast Missouri State University Department of Theatre and Dance.
The play is based on the Salem witch trials of the early 1690s, and according to Amy Fritsche, assistant professor in the department and director of the play, it has been a major undertaking for the students.
"I've always been in love with it," Fritsche told the Southeast Missourian, "but it's not an easy play. The actors, however, have jumped into it with a lot of energy and a sense of history, and I couldn't be more proud of them. Everybody is doing the absolute best they can."
Remaining shows will be held at 7:30 p.m. through Saturday at the Wendy Kurka Rust Flexible Theatre. Additional performances are set for 10 a.m. Thursday and Friday. These performances are sold out. However, tickets remain for shows at 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Tickets are $15 and may be purchased through the River Campus Box Office at 651-2265 or online at rivercampusevents.com. The box office is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays.