- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Major Case Squad seeks woman in connection with homicide investigation (7/26/17)
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Painted-rock hunts catch fire in Cape area (7/20/17)
Thanks for Safe House support
On behalf of the clients, staff, volunteers and board of directors of the Safe House for Women, I want to share our sincere appreciation for the community support of the 2012 Vintage NOW 3 Fashion Show. The vision of the Safe House for Women is a community in which residents live free from abuse and violence. Support for this event helps us provide the level of client service that meets our vision. Based on our preliminary calculations, event attendance exceeded 900 ticket holders and event volunteers. Through the generosity of sponsors, donations, ticket sales and silent auction items, we raised in excess of $41,000.
We want to express our thanks to the Vintage NOW planning committee, a group of individuals who spent countless hours in planning and organizing the event, always with the goal of supporting the Safe House in mind. In particular, we wish to thank Deb Maevers from Pastimes Antiques for making her "dream" of this event a reality for the third year in a row. Her boundless energy and enthusiasm for our cause is an inspiration. We look forward to Vintage NOW 4 in October 2013.
Again, thank you.
MICHELLE SCHERER, executive director,
Safe House for Women, Benton, Mo.