- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
Thanks for Safe House support
On behalf of the clients, staff, volunteers and board of directors of the Safe House for Women, I want to share our sincere appreciation for the community support of the 2012 Vintage NOW 3 Fashion Show. The vision of the Safe House for Women is a community in which residents live free from abuse and violence. Support for this event helps us provide the level of client service that meets our vision. Based on our preliminary calculations, event attendance exceeded 900 ticket holders and event volunteers. Through the generosity of sponsors, donations, ticket sales and silent auction items, we raised in excess of $41,000.
We want to express our thanks to the Vintage NOW planning committee, a group of individuals who spent countless hours in planning and organizing the event, always with the goal of supporting the Safe House in mind. In particular, we wish to thank Deb Maevers from Pastimes Antiques for making her "dream" of this event a reality for the third year in a row. Her boundless energy and enthusiasm for our cause is an inspiration. We look forward to Vintage NOW 4 in October 2013.
Again, thank you.
MICHELLE SCHERER, executive director,
Safe House for Women, Benton, Mo.