- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Scott City officials, others oppose plan for railroad-tie treatment plant (9/25/17)5
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Thanks for Safe House support
On behalf of the clients, staff, volunteers and board of directors of the Safe House for Women, I want to share our sincere appreciation for the community support of the 2012 Vintage NOW 3 Fashion Show. The vision of the Safe House for Women is a community in which residents live free from abuse and violence. Support for this event helps us provide the level of client service that meets our vision. Based on our preliminary calculations, event attendance exceeded 900 ticket holders and event volunteers. Through the generosity of sponsors, donations, ticket sales and silent auction items, we raised in excess of $41,000.
We want to express our thanks to the Vintage NOW planning committee, a group of individuals who spent countless hours in planning and organizing the event, always with the goal of supporting the Safe House in mind. In particular, we wish to thank Deb Maevers from Pastimes Antiques for making her "dream" of this event a reality for the third year in a row. Her boundless energy and enthusiasm for our cause is an inspiration. We look forward to Vintage NOW 4 in October 2013.
Again, thank you.
MICHELLE SCHERER, executive director,
Safe House for Women, Benton, Mo.