- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Cramped quarters: April 4 proposition aims to ease crowding in Perry County District Schools (3/23/17)4
Thanks for Safe House support
On behalf of the clients, staff, volunteers and board of directors of the Safe House for Women, I want to share our sincere appreciation for the community support of the 2012 Vintage NOW 3 Fashion Show. The vision of the Safe House for Women is a community in which residents live free from abuse and violence. Support for this event helps us provide the level of client service that meets our vision. Based on our preliminary calculations, event attendance exceeded 900 ticket holders and event volunteers. Through the generosity of sponsors, donations, ticket sales and silent auction items, we raised in excess of $41,000.
We want to express our thanks to the Vintage NOW planning committee, a group of individuals who spent countless hours in planning and organizing the event, always with the goal of supporting the Safe House in mind. In particular, we wish to thank Deb Maevers from Pastimes Antiques for making her "dream" of this event a reality for the third year in a row. Her boundless energy and enthusiasm for our cause is an inspiration. We look forward to Vintage NOW 4 in October 2013.
Again, thank you.
MICHELLE SCHERER, executive director,
Safe House for Women, Benton, Mo.