- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Ventrella - Meyer
Victoria Anne Ventrella and Clinton Thomas Meyer were married Oct. 8, 2011, at the Elks Lake in Cape Girardeau. Brett Schott of St. Louis, uncle of the groom, performed the ceremony. Readers were Tina Ventrella of Spring Grove, Ill., sister of the bride, and Carrie Staffen of Ste. Genevieve, Mo. Fiddler was Steve Schaffner and guitarist was Chuck Sowers.
The bride is the daughter of Judith Anne and Roger Lang of Cape Girardeau, and the late Phil Ventrella. The groom is the son of Lori Meyer of Ste. Genevieve, and the late Jerry Meyer.
Matron of honor was Annie Tobin-Bartlow of Dardenne Prairie, Mo. Bridesmaids were Beth Winkler of Maryland Heights, Mo., Elizabeth Hesselbach of Mission Viejo, Calif., Tracie Nicolai of Cape Girardeau, Jessica Zielinski of St. Charles, Mo., and Erin Roth of O'Fallon, Mo. Junior bridesmaids were Chiara Conner of Spring Grove, niece of the bride, and Bailey Schott of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the groom.
Tim Meyer of Cape Girardeau was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Clint Jokerst of Kirkwood, Mo., Richard Reed of Nolensville, Tenn., Ryan Uding of St. Louis, Ryan Wehner of Fort Wright, Ky., and Mark Tlapek of Festus, Mo. Ushers were Brian Bechard of St. Charles, Jonathan Fallert of Wentzville, Mo., and Nick Hermann of Ste. Genevieve.
Flower girl was Alivia Bartlow and ringbearer was Noah Winkler. Alivia is the daughter of Brent Bartlow and Annie Tobin-Bartlow. Noah is the son of Dave and Beth Winkler and godson of the bride.
The reception was held at the Elks Lodge.
The groom's mother hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 7 at Cici's Pizza in Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Meyer received a bachelor of arts degree in communication from St. Louis University in 2001. She is a supervisor with city of Bridgeton, Mo., Parks and Recreation Department.
The groom received a degree in outdoor recreation from Murray State University in 2004. He is a park maintenance employee with city of Bridgeton.
After a wedding trip to Gatlinburg, Tenn., the couple is residing in St. Louis.