- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Rainey - Thompson
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Leslie Jean Rainey and Brent Harvey Thompson were married July 21, 2012, at Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran, Mo. The Rev. Randy Tochtrop performed the ceremony. Organist was Lanell Lange of Randles. Readers were Amanda Ward, sister of the groom, and Connie Sherman, both of Advance.
Parents of the couple are Jim and Melinda Rainey and Lynn and Mary Jo Thompson, all of Advance.
Maid of honor was Brigid Hagerty of St. Louis, and matron of honor was Jennifer Tropf of Advance. Bridesmaids were Taryn Yeager of Dexter, Mo., Tasha Rosenquist of Perryville, Mo., Ashley VanGorkom of Jackson, Tory Christian of Advance, Katie Rainey of Jackson, sister-in-law of the bride, and Nikki Sherman of Advance.
Aaron Cantrell of Advance was best man. Groomsmen were Lyle Tropf, Jordyn Hazel and David Tropf, all of Advance, Luke Phillips of Sikeston, Mo., Landon Wheeler of Essex, Mo., Adam Rainey of Jackson, brother of the bride, and Garrett Sherman of Advance. Ushers were Andy Lanpher, Drew Sherman and Joe Freed, all of Advance.
Candlelighters were Ashley and Grayson Miles of Advance, cousins of the bride. Ashley is the daughter of Neil and Cindy Miles. Grayson is the daughter of Harold and Paula Miles.
Flower girl was Brogan Hawkins, daughter of Galen and Larissa Hawkins of Advance. Ringbearer was Tucker Gilmore, son of G.W. and Amy Gilmore of Advance.
Guest book attendant was Alyssa Miles, daughter of Neil and Cindy Miles and cousin of the bride.
The reception was held at Ray's Plaza Conference Center in Cape Girardeau.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 20 at Bella Italia in Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Thompson is a 2005 graduate of Advance High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Southeast Missouri State University in 2009. She is employed at Bank of Advance.
The groom is a 2002 graduate of Bell City High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in agribusiness from Southeast in 2005. He is employed by Pioneer Hi-Bred and Thompson Farms.
After a wedding trip to Aruba, the couple is residing in Advance.