- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/24/16)4
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Tennessee-Martin wins OVC soccer tournament
The Tennessee-Martin women's soccer team repeated as Ohio Valley Conference tournament champion Sunday with a 2-0 win over Austin Peay.
Top-seeded UTM, the tournament host, earned the OVC's automatic bid to the NCAA tournament.
The Skyhawks scored both goals Sunday in the game's final 20 minutes to knock off second-seeded Austin Peay.
Southeast Missouri State, which lost to UTM 1-0 in Friday's semifinals, had two all-tournament selections in sophomore midfielder Torey Byrd and freshman defender Amy Harrington.
Byrd scored the lone goal in Southeast's 1-0 win over Belmont in Thursday's first round. Harrington played all 180 minutes on defense, helping Southeast allow only one goal in two games.
UTM goalkeeper Mariah Klenke was the tournament MVP.
-- From staff report