- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Speak Out 11/5/12
Pets, lead poisoning
To pet lovers: Do not let your cat or dog chew on cardboard boxes from China or any other foreign country. China is notorious for using paint on toys or anything else that has lead. My cat went blind because he chewed on a box that was from China that had lead paint in it. He is totally blind now. It is my fault; I had no idea.
On the cheap
I am so tired of all these companies saying they're not going to send me this form because they're going green. They don't care about going green, they're just cheap. Just say it. A little honesty is all I ask.
I have a question for the city planners. Why can't we have some flowers planted where we come in or leave town? There are plenty of places to plant like medians; it's not expensive and it would make people feel better when they come into town.
Why is it that every time I try calling the post office in the morning about business related matters the phone is busy? Maybe they should invest in multiple lines.
We're all human
Everyone is human and makes mistakes. If you get a piece of mail misdelivered into your mailbox, do not write all over it. Put it back in the mailbox with the flag up. It is not a plot to misdeliver mail -- it is a human mistake. Do not ask if your mail is going to another mailbox. One mistake does not make other mistakes. Do not call your post office and complain where your mail is. The mail is delivered each day. Nothing is held back just to bother you. We are doing the best we can with what we are given. If the mail arrives at the post office late, we get it out as soon as we can.
Forget the Yankees
I just wanted to say, who cares about the Yankees, Boston or the Mets. That's all we ever see on TV. How about the Cardinals? Forget the Yankees, Boston Red Sox and Mets, you people in New York can have them. We have the Cardinals.