- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
People on the Move 11/05/12
SoutheastHEALTH pharmacy director wins award
Dr. Nicole Allcock, director of pharmacy for SoutheastHEALTH, has received the 2012 Health System Pharmacy Alumni Service Award from the University of Missouri Kansas City School of Pharmacy. She earned her doctor of pharmacy degree at the University of Missouri Kansas City school of pharmacy. Allcock served as president of the Missouri Society of Health System Pharmacists, represented both Illinois and Missouri in the American Society of Health System Pharmacists, served as organizer and director for the Illinois Council of Health System Pharmacists and more.
Hahs Group of Northwestern Mutual adds college director
Jared Freese of Crystal City, Mo., has been appointed College Unit Director for the Hahs Group of Northwestern Mutual of Cape Girardeau. His responsibilities will include recruiting, training and mentoring interns and representatives and providing clients with the financial services. Freese earned his business management/finance degree from Southeast Missouri State University in 2010.
Local man named chief development officer for KRCU
Alex Jackson of Cape Girardeau has been named chief development officer of KRCU. As development director, Jackson is responsible for securing corporate underwriting support, membership and donor initiatives and representing the radio station to businesses and sponsors. Jackson previously worked for the Southeast Missouri State University Foundation and University of Mississippi Foundation.
Local leaders complete Dale Carnegie Course
Eight local business leaders recently graduated from Hendrickson Business Advisors' Dale Carnegie Course. During the course the participants focused on self-confidence, building relationships, motivation, effective communication, stress and worry management, and leadership skills.
Graduates are: Jaymon Alvis of Murphy-Wall State Bank and Trust; Nicolette Brennan of city of Cape Girardeau; Bryan Burger of Columbia Construction; Brian Kelly of Southeast Missouri State University; Mark Ponder of Do It Best; Michael Rhodes of URS; Kate Stephens of Faith Perceptions; and Justin Thompson of Nestle Purina.
Topics covered in the course included self-confidence, building relationships, motivation, effective communication, stress and worry management, and leadership skills. Rhett Hendrickson facilitated the Dale Carnegie session and was assisted by course graduates Dr. Bruce Skinner of Southeast Missouri State University and John McGowan of Love Inc.
This is the fourth group to complete the course since Hendrickson Business Advisors formed its partnership with Dale Carnegie Training – St. Louis.
-- From staff reports