- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Aileen Roberts, 93, of Marble Hill passed away Thursday, Nov. 1, 2012, at Woodland Hills Nursing Home in Marble Hill.
She was born July 31, 1919, at Huxie in Bollinger County, daughter of Elmer and Lucy Rowe Eaker. She and Cecil A. Roberts were married July 13, 1940. He passed away April 10, 2002.
Aileen had worked as an inspector at Deevers Shoe Co. and later at Superior Electric. She was a member of Palmore General Baptist Church and Rebekah Lodge.
Survivors include a son, Deon C. Roberts of Marble Hill; three daughters, Janice (Mike) Abernathy of Florissant, Mo., Wanda (Rover) Vannoy of Marble Hill, Darlene (Pat) Mattingly of St. Mary, Mo.; three sisters, Virgie Sadler, Dorothy Sadler and Dean Ross, all of Cape Girardeau; eight grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, a brother, a sister and a great-grandson.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Lloyd Ray Green officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill.