- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
The independent voter
Think you're a "conservative"? Check again. You may be more "liberal" than you realize. The same can be said of liberals with conservative tendencies.
Know this, that you are not alone. Many of us don't exactly "fall" into perfect placement when it comes to conservatism vs. liberalism. I dare say there are many "closet" liberals as well as conservatives that don't always make their inner thoughts known, but do always stand by their beliefs and principles.
Let's all follow our hearts while being aware of our minds and do the best we can together.
BRIAN PHILLIPS, Cape Girardeau