- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)10
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)21
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
The independent voter
Think you're a "conservative"? Check again. You may be more "liberal" than you realize. The same can be said of liberals with conservative tendencies.
Know this, that you are not alone. Many of us don't exactly "fall" into perfect placement when it comes to conservatism vs. liberalism. I dare say there are many "closet" liberals as well as conservatives that don't always make their inner thoughts known, but do always stand by their beliefs and principles.
Let's all follow our hearts while being aware of our minds and do the best we can together.
BRIAN PHILLIPS, Cape Girardeau