- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
The independent voter
Think you're a "conservative"? Check again. You may be more "liberal" than you realize. The same can be said of liberals with conservative tendencies.
Know this, that you are not alone. Many of us don't exactly "fall" into perfect placement when it comes to conservatism vs. liberalism. I dare say there are many "closet" liberals as well as conservatives that don't always make their inner thoughts known, but do always stand by their beliefs and principles.
Let's all follow our hearts while being aware of our minds and do the best we can together.
BRIAN PHILLIPS, Cape Girardeau