- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
The independent voter
Think you're a "conservative"? Check again. You may be more "liberal" than you realize. The same can be said of liberals with conservative tendencies.
Know this, that you are not alone. Many of us don't exactly "fall" into perfect placement when it comes to conservatism vs. liberalism. I dare say there are many "closet" liberals as well as conservatives that don't always make their inner thoughts known, but do always stand by their beliefs and principles.
Let's all follow our hearts while being aware of our minds and do the best we can together.
BRIAN PHILLIPS, Cape Girardeau