- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)9
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Judge hears Mosby's formerly suppressed confession at Robinson hearing (8/9/17)
- $34 million student housing project on schedule, developer says (8/14/17)2
Editor's note: The editorial has been corrected to reflect the correct day of the final exhibition game.
The Southeast Missouri State University basketball team got off to a good start Tuesday in its first exhibition game of the season. The Redhawks defeated Division II Ouachita Baptist 71-60 at the Show Me Center.
The team will have one final exhibition game at 7 p.m. Monday against Truman State at the Show Me Center. The regular season kicks off Nov. 9 at Kansas. The home opener is Nov. 12 against Lyon College. The game starts at 7 p.m.
We wish the Redhawks well as they prepare for the season and hope that you'll consider attending one or more of the home games.
Former Chaffee High School basketball standout Steve Cunningham died last month. He was 68. A story by Marty Mishow in Tuesday's Southeast Missourian recapped the talented player's basketball career. After graduating from Chaffee, Cunningham went on to play for Western Kentucky and was drafted in the sixth-round in the NBA draft.
Friends and family may visit from 3 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. A celebration of life service is scheduled for 6 p.m. at the chapel.