- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
Editor's note: The editorial has been corrected to reflect the correct day of the final exhibition game.
The Southeast Missouri State University basketball team got off to a good start Tuesday in its first exhibition game of the season. The Redhawks defeated Division II Ouachita Baptist 71-60 at the Show Me Center.
The team will have one final exhibition game at 7 p.m. Monday against Truman State at the Show Me Center. The regular season kicks off Nov. 9 at Kansas. The home opener is Nov. 12 against Lyon College. The game starts at 7 p.m.
We wish the Redhawks well as they prepare for the season and hope that you'll consider attending one or more of the home games.
Former Chaffee High School basketball standout Steve Cunningham died last month. He was 68. A story by Marty Mishow in Tuesday's Southeast Missourian recapped the talented player's basketball career. After graduating from Chaffee, Cunningham went on to play for Western Kentucky and was drafted in the sixth-round in the NBA draft.
Friends and family may visit from 3 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. A celebration of life service is scheduled for 6 p.m. at the chapel.