- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Editor's note: The editorial has been corrected to reflect the correct day of the final exhibition game.
The Southeast Missouri State University basketball team got off to a good start Tuesday in its first exhibition game of the season. The Redhawks defeated Division II Ouachita Baptist 71-60 at the Show Me Center.
The team will have one final exhibition game at 7 p.m. Monday against Truman State at the Show Me Center. The regular season kicks off Nov. 9 at Kansas. The home opener is Nov. 12 against Lyon College. The game starts at 7 p.m.
We wish the Redhawks well as they prepare for the season and hope that you'll consider attending one or more of the home games.
Former Chaffee High School basketball standout Steve Cunningham died last month. He was 68. A story by Marty Mishow in Tuesday's Southeast Missourian recapped the talented player's basketball career. After graduating from Chaffee, Cunningham went on to play for Western Kentucky and was drafted in the sixth-round in the NBA draft.
Friends and family may visit from 3 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. A celebration of life service is scheduled for 6 p.m. at the chapel.