- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)18
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Editor's note: The editorial has been corrected to reflect the correct day of the final exhibition game.
The Southeast Missouri State University basketball team got off to a good start Tuesday in its first exhibition game of the season. The Redhawks defeated Division II Ouachita Baptist 71-60 at the Show Me Center.
The team will have one final exhibition game at 7 p.m. Monday against Truman State at the Show Me Center. The regular season kicks off Nov. 9 at Kansas. The home opener is Nov. 12 against Lyon College. The game starts at 7 p.m.
We wish the Redhawks well as they prepare for the season and hope that you'll consider attending one or more of the home games.
Former Chaffee High School basketball standout Steve Cunningham died last month. He was 68. A story by Marty Mishow in Tuesday's Southeast Missourian recapped the talented player's basketball career. After graduating from Chaffee, Cunningham went on to play for Western Kentucky and was drafted in the sixth-round in the NBA draft.
Friends and family may visit from 3 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. A celebration of life service is scheduled for 6 p.m. at the chapel.