- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Master Printmaker, Margaret Craig, Chair of the Printmaking Department at San Antonio, Texas, Southwest School of Art is in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, for the Mid America Print Council conference at Southeast Missouri State University (Nov. 1-3 at the River Campus).
12 years ago, Margaret Craig etched 125 drawings onto 125 pennies. She made 5 large prints of 25 pennies each, and then began scattering the pennies across the globe. They have been dropped and spent in San Antonio and other Texas cities, as well as Laurel, MD, Seattle, WA, Madison WI, France, Germany, and Florence, Italy.
By chance, one penny made it back to her. A new friend had discovered it several years earlier and placed it in a penny jar. In celebration of this event, Margaret Craig decided to give one of the five prints to the finder.
About 50 pennies will still be distributed,some in the Cape Girardeau area.
If you find one of the pennies, you can claim one of the 4 remaining prints. Rules will be posted at margaretcraig.com.