- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Master Printmaker, Margaret Craig, Chair of the Printmaking Department at San Antonio, Texas, Southwest School of Art is in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, for the Mid America Print Council conference at Southeast Missouri State University (Nov. 1-3 at the River Campus).
12 years ago, Margaret Craig etched 125 drawings onto 125 pennies. She made 5 large prints of 25 pennies each, and then began scattering the pennies across the globe. They have been dropped and spent in San Antonio and other Texas cities, as well as Laurel, MD, Seattle, WA, Madison WI, France, Germany, and Florence, Italy.
By chance, one penny made it back to her. A new friend had discovered it several years earlier and placed it in a penny jar. In celebration of this event, Margaret Craig decided to give one of the five prints to the finder.
About 50 pennies will still be distributed,some in the Cape Girardeau area.
If you find one of the pennies, you can claim one of the 4 remaining prints. Rules will be posted at margaretcraig.com.