- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)12
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)14
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
3,600 enter Cape Girardeau casino in first six hours
About 3,600 people passed through the turnstiles in the first six hours of the new Isle Casino Cape Girardeau, according to figures provided by Isle of Capri.
The $135 million casino opened to the public for the first time Tuesday. Isle Casino Cape Girardeau, a 137,000-square-foot facility, is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week with the exception of 5 a.m. to 6 a.m. Wednesdays, in order to reconcile turnstiles and accounting systems, per state regulations.
It features nearly 1,000 slot machines, 28 table games, four restaurants and a 750-seat events center.
777 N. Main St., Cape Girardeau, MO