- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)22
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
3,600 enter Cape Girardeau casino in first six hours
About 3,600 people passed through the turnstiles in the first six hours of the new Isle Casino Cape Girardeau, according to figures provided by Isle of Capri.
The $135 million casino opened to the public for the first time Tuesday. Isle Casino Cape Girardeau, a 137,000-square-foot facility, is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week with the exception of 5 a.m. to 6 a.m. Wednesdays, in order to reconcile turnstiles and accounting systems, per state regulations.
It features nearly 1,000 slot machines, 28 table games, four restaurants and a 750-seat events center.
777 N. Main St., Cape Girardeau, MO