- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Return to God
I would like to comment about all the problems and difficulties the United States has been going through for it seems like years and years. Just a thought, maybe, just maybe, America ought to bring God back into the picture. We've taken prayer out of schools, we've done a lot to eliminate God from our daily presence. Maybe we should put him No. 1 in our lives and see how our problems go. If our politicians had God No. 1 in their lives they wouldn't be slinging mud to get into office.
President Obama plans on adding 25,000 new IRS agents just to enforce Obamacare. According to the 2010 census there were 308,745,538 people in the United States, which calculates to one new agent for every 12,349 persons. This would be six pair of boots in Cape Girardeau County working overtime or three pair of boots on the ground in the city of Cape Girardeau. Additional support staff is not included in these numbers. All this just to enforce health care!
Jackson beware. If the city of Cape Girardeau keeps raising taxes and passing unneeded ordinances, the population will be larger than Cape Girardeau's in five years. Start getting ready now.
China, Big Bird
Are we borrowing money from China to fund Big Bird?