- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)34
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Boy Scouts host anti-abuse forum
The Boy Scouts of America is hosting an unprecedented closed-door symposium today with representatives of other national organizations. They hope sharing strategies to combat future child sex abuse.
The 10 participating groups, including the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, the YMCA and Big Brothers Big Sisters, will hear presentations from some of the nation's top experts on the subject.
They also will discuss how uncorroborated information about potentially threatening adult volunteers might be shared among organizations.
The Boy Scouts have been criticized for a lack of transparency in the ways they deal with sex abuse allegations.