- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
- Cape's casino flourishing as it celebrates fifth year (10/22/17)3
STAR Program Barnyard Dance on Nov. 15 in Cape
On Thursday, Nov. 15, the Special Therapeutic Activities in Recreation (S.T.A.R.) Program will be hosting a Barnyard Dance from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the 4-H Exhibit Hall. Boots and cowboy hats are proper attire for this fun event designed for those with special needs. This is an event for all ages and a chance to enjoy country tunes, dancing and fun in an enjoyable environment.
The S.T.A.R. Program is a community program serving individuals who are unable to successfully participate in regular recreation programs.
Most individuals with special needs may participate in S.T.A.R. programs, including those with different degrees of developmental delays, mental and physical disabilities, learning disabilities, behavior disorders, emotional difficulties and hearing or visual impairments.
For more information on S.T.A.R. program events, call 573-339-6340.