- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
STAR Program Barnyard Dance on Nov. 15 in Cape
On Thursday, Nov. 15, the Special Therapeutic Activities in Recreation (S.T.A.R.) Program will be hosting a Barnyard Dance from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the 4-H Exhibit Hall. Boots and cowboy hats are proper attire for this fun event designed for those with special needs. This is an event for all ages and a chance to enjoy country tunes, dancing and fun in an enjoyable environment.
The S.T.A.R. Program is a community program serving individuals who are unable to successfully participate in regular recreation programs.
Most individuals with special needs may participate in S.T.A.R. programs, including those with different degrees of developmental delays, mental and physical disabilities, learning disabilities, behavior disorders, emotional difficulties and hearing or visual impairments.
For more information on S.T.A.R. program events, call 573-339-6340.