- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
STAR Program Barnyard Dance on Nov. 15 in Cape
On Thursday, Nov. 15, the Special Therapeutic Activities in Recreation (S.T.A.R.) Program will be hosting a Barnyard Dance from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the 4-H Exhibit Hall. Boots and cowboy hats are proper attire for this fun event designed for those with special needs. This is an event for all ages and a chance to enjoy country tunes, dancing and fun in an enjoyable environment.
The S.T.A.R. Program is a community program serving individuals who are unable to successfully participate in regular recreation programs.
Most individuals with special needs may participate in S.T.A.R. programs, including those with different degrees of developmental delays, mental and physical disabilities, learning disabilities, behavior disorders, emotional difficulties and hearing or visual impairments.
For more information on S.T.A.R. program events, call 573-339-6340.