- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
STAR Program Barnyard Dance on Nov. 15 in Cape
On Thursday, Nov. 15, the Special Therapeutic Activities in Recreation (S.T.A.R.) Program will be hosting a Barnyard Dance from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the 4-H Exhibit Hall. Boots and cowboy hats are proper attire for this fun event designed for those with special needs. This is an event for all ages and a chance to enjoy country tunes, dancing and fun in an enjoyable environment.
The S.T.A.R. Program is a community program serving individuals who are unable to successfully participate in regular recreation programs.
Most individuals with special needs may participate in S.T.A.R. programs, including those with different degrees of developmental delays, mental and physical disabilities, learning disabilities, behavior disorders, emotional difficulties and hearing or visual impairments.
For more information on S.T.A.R. program events, call 573-339-6340.