- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Man suspected of stealing from Cape Best Buy arrested
MINER, Mo. -- A Springfield, Mo., man wanted by Cape Girardeau police was arrested by Miner Police.
Christopher P. Amsden, 38, is charged with one felony count of unlawful use of drug paraphernalia-amphetamine/methamphetamine; one felony count of distributing a controlled substance; misdemeanor receiving stolen property; and misdemeanor operating a vehicle without a valid license, according to online court records.
Miner Police Chief Chris Griggs said the Cape Girardeau Police Department sent out a broadcast regarding stolen items from Best Buy in Cape Girardeau. After getting a description of the vehicle and suspect Miner Police Department officers stopped the vehicle near Route HH on Sunday.
"A search of the vehicle yielded the recovery of the stolen merchandise from Best Buy, as well as large quantity of dangerous narcotics," Griggs said.
Amsden remained in the Scott County Jail in Benton with a cash-only bond set at $15,000 Tuesday morning.