- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Hayti, Mo., man wanted for fatal shooting
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- Poplar Bluff police are asking for the public's help in finding a suspect in a fatal Sunday shooting.
According to police, at 3:05 p.m. Sunday officers responded to a call of shots fired in the parking lot of Rick's 66, in the 700 block of Highway 53 in Poplar Bluff.
Michael Clayborne, 19, of Poplar Bluff was taken to the Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center for treatment of a gunshot wound. Clayborne died early Monday morning.
Police identified 19-year-old Tommy West III of Hayti, Mo., as a suspect in the murder.
Police, who are seeking West is wanted for questioning, said he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information related to this case or West's whereabouts is asked to contact their local law enforcement agency or the Poplar Bluff Police Department at 573-785-5776.