- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Jeanette M. Rooker, 77, of Marble Hill, Mo., passed away on Thursday, Oct. 25, 2012, at the Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 12, 1935 in St. Louis to Haskel Virgil and Mary Ferguson. She and Clifford A. "Jack" Rooker were married Aug. 22, 1950, in Haywood, Mo. He passed away on Nov. 28, 2001.
Jeanette was a homemaker and a member of the Little Valley Baptist Church.
Survivors include; two sons, Woody Rooker of Delta, Phillip Rooker of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Yvonne Massey of St. Louis, Demitria Nanney of Marble Hill, Julia Harms of Bend, Ore.; sister, Florence Morton of Florissant; 19 grandchildren; and 26 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, Mo., from 4 to 8 p.m., Monday, Oct. 30, 2012. Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012 at the funeral home, with the Revs. Bill McCormick and Aaron Allen officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery.