- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape Girardeau County: Pilot House in Cape Girardeau is home to high quality ingredients, familiar faces (4/14/17)3
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)57
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Oran man jailed on statutory rape, burglary, other charges (4/16/17)
- 2 shot; 1 dead, 1 in custody in Cape shooting (4/16/17)4
- Bollinger County: Bonnie’s Moo Cow Cafe in Patton, Missouri, dishes out Southern classics (4/14/17)
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
Jeanette M. Rooker, 77, of Marble Hill, Mo., passed away on Thursday, Oct. 25, 2012, at the Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 12, 1935 in St. Louis to Haskel Virgil and Mary Ferguson. She and Clifford A. "Jack" Rooker were married Aug. 22, 1950, in Haywood, Mo. He passed away on Nov. 28, 2001.
Jeanette was a homemaker and a member of the Little Valley Baptist Church.
Survivors include; two sons, Woody Rooker of Delta, Phillip Rooker of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Yvonne Massey of St. Louis, Demitria Nanney of Marble Hill, Julia Harms of Bend, Ore.; sister, Florence Morton of Florissant; 19 grandchildren; and 26 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, Mo., from 4 to 8 p.m., Monday, Oct. 30, 2012. Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012 at the funeral home, with the Revs. Bill McCormick and Aaron Allen officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery.