- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Jeanette M. Rooker, 77, of Marble Hill, Mo., passed away on Thursday, Oct. 25, 2012, at the Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 12, 1935 in St. Louis to Haskel Virgil and Mary Ferguson. She and Clifford A. "Jack" Rooker were married Aug. 22, 1950, in Haywood, Mo. He passed away on Nov. 28, 2001.
Jeanette was a homemaker and a member of the Little Valley Baptist Church.
Survivors include; two sons, Woody Rooker of Delta, Phillip Rooker of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Yvonne Massey of St. Louis, Demitria Nanney of Marble Hill, Julia Harms of Bend, Ore.; sister, Florence Morton of Florissant; 19 grandchildren; and 26 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, Mo., from 4 to 8 p.m., Monday, Oct. 30, 2012. Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012 at the funeral home, with the Revs. Bill McCormick and Aaron Allen officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery.