- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jim and Tammy Bohnert of Jackson, announced the engagement of their daughter, Alisha Bohnert of Midland, Mich., to Lt. Aaron Schimm. He is the son of Thomas and Naomi Schimm, of Bay City, Mich.
Bohnert received her bachelors of music from Concordia University of Seward, Neb. in 2011, and is a 2006 graduate of Saxony Lutheran High School. She is the director of parish music at St. John's Lutheran Church in Midland, Mich. Schimm received his bachelor's degree in studio art with a minor in music from Concordia University in 2009. He is a Lieutenant in the 1436th Engineer Company, Michigan Army National Guard, director of operations at St. John's Lutheran Church, Midland, Mich., and a freelance artist for the Center for Liturgical Art at Concordia University.
A Jan. 5 2013, wedding is planned at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Jackson.