- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Candidate questionnaire: Doug Libla
NAME: Doug Libla
PLACE OF BIRTH: Greenville, MO
SPOUSE'S, CHILDREN'S NAMES:
Spouse -- Elaine Libla
1 Daughter & 2 Grandsons
Greenville High School -- Greenville, MO
Three Rivers College
BUSINESSES OWNED, ALL OR PART:
Mid Continent Nail Corporation
Eagle Investment Corporation
PUBLIC OFFICES HELD OR SOUGHT; GIVE DATES:
SHOULD THE MISSOURI LEGISLATURE TAKE STEPS TO REFORM THE TAX CREDIT SYSTEM?
The General Assembly should take a comprehensive look at all government programs, including tax credits, and measure them for efficiency and cost-effectiveness. Government wastes too many tax dollars on programs that are not working. I favor broad-based tax cuts for every taxpayer. Until we level that playing field, however, I support measuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the tax credits in place as a precursor to major reforms.
IMPLEMENTATION OF A STATEWIDE VOTER ID SYSTEM HAS BEEN A CONTROVERSIAL ISSUE SPLIT ALONG PARTY LINES. DO YOU SUPPORT EFFORTS TO CREATE A STATEWIDE VOTER ID SYSTEM?
Voter fraud threatens our free system of government and must be rooted out. Photo identification is the easiest way to verify who a voter actually is. State government should make it easy for every Missourian to have a free photo identification card to present at the polling place.
DO YOU THINK IT'S IMPORTANT THAT THE LEGISLATURE PASS A BILL RE-ESTABLISHING SALES TAX ON OUT-OF-STATE VEHICLE PURCHASES?
Missouri car dealers are at a disadvantage versus out-of-state dealers when it comes to vehicle purchases. The 25th district borders four other states, so the threat of lost sales and revenues that fund local governments, the risk of losing family-sustaining jobs at the local dealerships, is real. We need local and state governments to work together to come up with a plan that works and levels the playing field.
Many candidates talk about creating jobs, I have owned businesses for over 40 years. Since my retirement from our family owned Mid Continent Nail in February, the company has added over 100 additional jobs. Keeping the promise to seniors and veterans is very important. Agriculture is vital to the success of our area and we need to provide farmers with less bureaucracy and resources to grow and market their products. 100% Pro-Life and Pro-Gun.