- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Advance, Perryville attempt to reach volleyball final four Saturday
The sectional and quarterfinal competition for the Advance and Perryville volleyball teams has taken shape as they attempt to reach the final four next week in Cape Girardeau.
Both teams will be in action Saturday.
Advance (27-4-4), which defeated St. Vincent in two tight games in the Class 1 District 4 final, will face District 3 winner and host Lesterville (17-4-1) in a 4:30 p.m. sectional contest. The victor will play in the 6 p.m. quarterfinal match against the winner of the sectional match between District 1 champion Gideon (26-6) and District 2 champion Bernie (23-7).
Perryville (31-5-1) won the Class 3 District 1 title as the No. 3 seed, upsetting top-seeded Notre Dame, and will face De Soto (20-14-2) in a 3 p.m. sectional match at Lutheran South High School. The Lancers (24-6-2), who finished third in last year's Class 3 tournament, won the District 3 title to gain the host rights and will face University City (7-18-2). The sectional winners will play at 6 p.m. in the quarterfinals.
The sectional and quarterfinal matches are being held in all four classes Saturday, with the quarterfinal winners advancing to the Missouri volleyball championships Nov. 2 and 3 at the Show Me Center.
Class 1 District 4: Aimie Simmers, Advance; Liza Gray, Advance; Allie Below, Advance; Haley Kennison, Advance; Caitlin Petty, Leopold; Allison Woodfin, Leopold; Denai Arnzen, Leopold; Sydney Eeftink, Leopold; Emma Hemmann, Oak Ridge; Monika Smith, St. Vincent; Holly Cissell, St. Vincent; Kellie L'Hote, St. Vincent