- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
BENTON, Mo. -- John "Delbert" Ikerman, 75, of Benton passed away Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2012, at his home.
He was born June 16, 1937, in Delta, to the late Virgil and Edna Hodge Ikerman. He and Georgia Mae Kirn were married Aug. 23, 1958, in Benton.
Delbert was a truck driver for Spalding Trucking Co. in Benton and was a member of St. Denis Catholic Church in Benton.
Survivors include his wife Georgia of Benton; one son, Kevin (Debbie) Ikerman of Benton; two daughters, Carla Sexton of Benton and Paula (Russ) Little of Jackson; two brothers, Don (Debbie) Ikerman of Perryville, Mo., and Jerry Ikerman of St. Louis; two sisters, Carolyn (Jim) Barlow and Nora (Tim) Johnson, both of Delta; eight grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, one brother and one sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton. Parish rosary will be said at 7:30 p.m.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Michael Casteel officiating. Burial will be in St. Denis Cemetery in Benton.