- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)19
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Time for change
From "Fast and Furious" to stimulus to "Obamacare" the lying, cheating, thieving nature of the present administration in Washington is astounding. Thousands of new, unfair and probably illegal regulations have been heaped upon Americans. Many, many citizens have been arrested, imprisoned and then financially destroyed for breaking those unreasonable regulations. Why?
Numerous policemen and women and armed service personnel languish in prison. Why? For doing their job to apprehend illegals in this country or the enemy in some foreign country where we have no business being in the first place. This administration is protecting illegal aliens and putting honest citizens and good officers into prison. Why? Is it so that a fear of the federal government can be created? Such was the case in countless communist countries in years past. It is not supposed to be that way in America, the land of the free and the home of the brave.
What can we do about it? What can we do to change things? The answer is just that. Change. The election is coming. Fire the offenders on election day! Get rid of the ones that rob the workers, protect the illegals and imprison honest citizens and good officers. Do not elect anyone who loves to fill his wallet more than he loves for you to have your property and freedom. Elect freedom-loving, Constitution-supporting candidates!
ELIZABETH MARSHALL, Benton, Mo.