- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- State of emergency declared in Missouri (2/24/18)1
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
Time for change
From "Fast and Furious" to stimulus to "Obamacare" the lying, cheating, thieving nature of the present administration in Washington is astounding. Thousands of new, unfair and probably illegal regulations have been heaped upon Americans. Many, many citizens have been arrested, imprisoned and then financially destroyed for breaking those unreasonable regulations. Why?
Numerous policemen and women and armed service personnel languish in prison. Why? For doing their job to apprehend illegals in this country or the enemy in some foreign country where we have no business being in the first place. This administration is protecting illegal aliens and putting honest citizens and good officers into prison. Why? Is it so that a fear of the federal government can be created? Such was the case in countless communist countries in years past. It is not supposed to be that way in America, the land of the free and the home of the brave.
What can we do about it? What can we do to change things? The answer is just that. Change. The election is coming. Fire the offenders on election day! Get rid of the ones that rob the workers, protect the illegals and imprison honest citizens and good officers. Do not elect anyone who loves to fill his wallet more than he loves for you to have your property and freedom. Elect freedom-loving, Constitution-supporting candidates!
ELIZABETH MARSHALL, Benton, Mo.