- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Scott City council hires former SEMO public safety director as city administrator (11/15/17)
Time for change
From "Fast and Furious" to stimulus to "Obamacare" the lying, cheating, thieving nature of the present administration in Washington is astounding. Thousands of new, unfair and probably illegal regulations have been heaped upon Americans. Many, many citizens have been arrested, imprisoned and then financially destroyed for breaking those unreasonable regulations. Why?
Numerous policemen and women and armed service personnel languish in prison. Why? For doing their job to apprehend illegals in this country or the enemy in some foreign country where we have no business being in the first place. This administration is protecting illegal aliens and putting honest citizens and good officers into prison. Why? Is it so that a fear of the federal government can be created? Such was the case in countless communist countries in years past. It is not supposed to be that way in America, the land of the free and the home of the brave.
What can we do about it? What can we do to change things? The answer is just that. Change. The election is coming. Fire the offenders on election day! Get rid of the ones that rob the workers, protect the illegals and imprison honest citizens and good officers. Do not elect anyone who loves to fill his wallet more than he loves for you to have your property and freedom. Elect freedom-loving, Constitution-supporting candidates!
ELIZABETH MARSHALL, Benton, Mo.