- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Couple accused of using, printing counterfeit money
ST. LOUIS -- A St. Louis-area couple is facing federal charges after a large amount of counterfeit money was allegedly found at their home.
Federal prosecutors say 38-year-old Misty Ann Root and 37-year-old Daniel Wayne Flynn, both of Imperial, Mo., are charged with counterfeiting. Authorities say they were stopped with $240 in fake $20 bills at a Wal-Mart store in Kirkwood on Monday. That led to a search of their home that revealed a large stash of counterfeit money and a printing operation.
Neither of the suspects has a listed attorney.