- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
SoutheastHEALTH Honored by Department of Defense
Missouri Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), an agency of the Department of Defense, announced that Mary Craven, MRI Supervisor with SoutheastHEALTH of Cape Girardeau, was honored with a Patriot Award in recognition of extraordinary support of her employees that serve in the National Guard and Army Reserve.
Mary was nominated for the award by 1st Lt. Daniel Guettermann, an MRI Technician for SoutheastHealth, and a Health Services Officer in the 325th Combat Support Hospital, United States Army Reserve. "Mary has been very supportive, encouraging and flexible with the professional growth and obligations in my role and duties as an Army Reserve Soldier," said Guettermann.
Since 1928, Southeast Hospital has been a leading force in establishing Cape Girardeau as a regional medical center. Established as a 72-bed acute care facility by a group of 20 physicians and civic leaders, Southeast has progressed to a 269-bed full-service hospital. Today, Southeast, a regional center of care for heart, cancer, women's and children's services, neuro-sciences and emergency services, serves not only Cape Girardeau, but 22 additional southeast Missouri and southern Illinois counties with a total population base of more than 600,000.
According to Brig. Gen. (Ret) Tracy Beckette, ESGR Missouri State Chair, "The Patriot Award was created by ESGR to publicly recognize individuals who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees, who like the citizen warriors before them, have answered their nation's call to serve. Supportive supervisors are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the nation's National Guard and Reserve units."