- Fake UFC event listing stirs the pot at local Golden Corral (2/10/18)3
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
- Business Notebook: Marco Construction Products offers high-end contractor equipment with personalized service (2/12/18)
SoutheastHEALTH Honored by Department of Defense
Missouri Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), an agency of the Department of Defense, announced that Mary Craven, MRI Supervisor with SoutheastHEALTH of Cape Girardeau, was honored with a Patriot Award in recognition of extraordinary support of her employees that serve in the National Guard and Army Reserve.
Mary was nominated for the award by 1st Lt. Daniel Guettermann, an MRI Technician for SoutheastHealth, and a Health Services Officer in the 325th Combat Support Hospital, United States Army Reserve. "Mary has been very supportive, encouraging and flexible with the professional growth and obligations in my role and duties as an Army Reserve Soldier," said Guettermann.
Since 1928, Southeast Hospital has been a leading force in establishing Cape Girardeau as a regional medical center. Established as a 72-bed acute care facility by a group of 20 physicians and civic leaders, Southeast has progressed to a 269-bed full-service hospital. Today, Southeast, a regional center of care for heart, cancer, women's and children's services, neuro-sciences and emergency services, serves not only Cape Girardeau, but 22 additional southeast Missouri and southern Illinois counties with a total population base of more than 600,000.
According to Brig. Gen. (Ret) Tracy Beckette, ESGR Missouri State Chair, "The Patriot Award was created by ESGR to publicly recognize individuals who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees, who like the citizen warriors before them, have answered their nation's call to serve. Supportive supervisors are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the nation's National Guard and Reserve units."