- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
SoutheastHEALTH Honored by Department of Defense
Missouri Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), an agency of the Department of Defense, announced that Mary Craven, MRI Supervisor with SoutheastHEALTH of Cape Girardeau, was honored with a Patriot Award in recognition of extraordinary support of her employees that serve in the National Guard and Army Reserve.
Mary was nominated for the award by 1st Lt. Daniel Guettermann, an MRI Technician for SoutheastHealth, and a Health Services Officer in the 325th Combat Support Hospital, United States Army Reserve. "Mary has been very supportive, encouraging and flexible with the professional growth and obligations in my role and duties as an Army Reserve Soldier," said Guettermann.
Since 1928, Southeast Hospital has been a leading force in establishing Cape Girardeau as a regional medical center. Established as a 72-bed acute care facility by a group of 20 physicians and civic leaders, Southeast has progressed to a 269-bed full-service hospital. Today, Southeast, a regional center of care for heart, cancer, women's and children's services, neuro-sciences and emergency services, serves not only Cape Girardeau, but 22 additional southeast Missouri and southern Illinois counties with a total population base of more than 600,000.
According to Brig. Gen. (Ret) Tracy Beckette, ESGR Missouri State Chair, "The Patriot Award was created by ESGR to publicly recognize individuals who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees, who like the citizen warriors before them, have answered their nation's call to serve. Supportive supervisors are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the nation's National Guard and Reserve units."