- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Veterans Remembered During the Holidays
VETERANS REMEMBERED DURING THE HOLIDAYS
Mound City National Cemetery will honor veterans during the holiday season as part of the annual Wreaths Across America Day on December 15, 2012, 11:00 am.
The Mound City National Cemetery Preservation Commission, Inc. will conduct the Wreaths Across America ceremony by placing seven ceremonial wreaths to remember all who served for their sacrifices and to teach our younger generation about the cost of freedom.
Specially designed wreaths for the Army, Marines, Navy Air Force, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine, and POW/MIA will be placed on memorials during a ceremony coordinated simultaneously with 750 participating locations across the country.
Wreath sponsorships(purchases)at $15 each, are available up until November 26th.
In 2012 an estimated 400,000 wreaths will be placed nationwide by over 150,000 volunteers as part of the Wreaths Across America mission to Remember,Honor,and Teach.
If you would like to sponsor a wreath, or would like more information about events planned for this ceremony, please call Becky Kleckner -- (618) 521- 5228.