- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)4
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Veterans Remembered During the Holidays
VETERANS REMEMBERED DURING THE HOLIDAYS
Mound City National Cemetery will honor veterans during the holiday season as part of the annual Wreaths Across America Day on December 15, 2012, 11:00 am.
The Mound City National Cemetery Preservation Commission, Inc. will conduct the Wreaths Across America ceremony by placing seven ceremonial wreaths to remember all who served for their sacrifices and to teach our younger generation about the cost of freedom.
Specially designed wreaths for the Army, Marines, Navy Air Force, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine, and POW/MIA will be placed on memorials during a ceremony coordinated simultaneously with 750 participating locations across the country.
Wreath sponsorships(purchases)at $15 each, are available up until November 26th.
In 2012 an estimated 400,000 wreaths will be placed nationwide by over 150,000 volunteers as part of the Wreaths Across America mission to Remember,Honor,and Teach.
If you would like to sponsor a wreath, or would like more information about events planned for this ceremony, please call Becky Kleckner -- (618) 521- 5228.