- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Veterans Remembered During the Holidays
VETERANS REMEMBERED DURING THE HOLIDAYS
Mound City National Cemetery will honor veterans during the holiday season as part of the annual Wreaths Across America Day on December 15, 2012, 11:00 am.
The Mound City National Cemetery Preservation Commission, Inc. will conduct the Wreaths Across America ceremony by placing seven ceremonial wreaths to remember all who served for their sacrifices and to teach our younger generation about the cost of freedom.
Specially designed wreaths for the Army, Marines, Navy Air Force, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine, and POW/MIA will be placed on memorials during a ceremony coordinated simultaneously with 750 participating locations across the country.
Wreath sponsorships(purchases)at $15 each, are available up until November 26th.
In 2012 an estimated 400,000 wreaths will be placed nationwide by over 150,000 volunteers as part of the Wreaths Across America mission to Remember,Honor,and Teach.
If you would like to sponsor a wreath, or would like more information about events planned for this ceremony, please call Becky Kleckner -- (618) 521- 5228.