- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)35
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Veterans Remembered During the Holidays
VETERANS REMEMBERED DURING THE HOLIDAYS
Mound City National Cemetery will honor veterans during the holiday season as part of the annual Wreaths Across America Day on December 15, 2012, 11:00 am.
The Mound City National Cemetery Preservation Commission, Inc. will conduct the Wreaths Across America ceremony by placing seven ceremonial wreaths to remember all who served for their sacrifices and to teach our younger generation about the cost of freedom.
Specially designed wreaths for the Army, Marines, Navy Air Force, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine, and POW/MIA will be placed on memorials during a ceremony coordinated simultaneously with 750 participating locations across the country.
Wreath sponsorships(purchases)at $15 each, are available up until November 26th.
In 2012 an estimated 400,000 wreaths will be placed nationwide by over 150,000 volunteers as part of the Wreaths Across America mission to Remember,Honor,and Teach.
If you would like to sponsor a wreath, or would like more information about events planned for this ceremony, please call Becky Kleckner -- (618) 521- 5228.