- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)6
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Veterans Remembered During the Holidays
VETERANS REMEMBERED DURING THE HOLIDAYS
Mound City National Cemetery will honor veterans during the holiday season as part of the annual Wreaths Across America Day on December 15, 2012, 11:00 am.
The Mound City National Cemetery Preservation Commission, Inc. will conduct the Wreaths Across America ceremony by placing seven ceremonial wreaths to remember all who served for their sacrifices and to teach our younger generation about the cost of freedom.
Specially designed wreaths for the Army, Marines, Navy Air Force, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine, and POW/MIA will be placed on memorials during a ceremony coordinated simultaneously with 750 participating locations across the country.
Wreath sponsorships(purchases)at $15 each, are available up until November 26th.
In 2012 an estimated 400,000 wreaths will be placed nationwide by over 150,000 volunteers as part of the Wreaths Across America mission to Remember,Honor,and Teach.
If you would like to sponsor a wreath, or would like more information about events planned for this ceremony, please call Becky Kleckner -- (618) 521- 5228.